What is proper Nourishment?
There are five different kinds of nourishment.
- The first, the enthusiastic dharma one; depend on the Buddha’s right dharma, uphold it with pleasure, and cultivate it.
- The second, the meditative, joyful one; inside and outside are tranquil and bright; mind and body are joyful.
- The third, the mindful one; always thinking of Buddha mindfully, mind and mouth are in accord with each other.
- The fourth, the vowing one; either coming or going, staying, sitting, or lying down, always determined with good vows.
- The fifth, the great liberation one; mind is always immaculate and should not be tainted by worldly dust.