- The first is the one of the precept; to nullify all sins and to practice all the good.
- The second is the one of the unmoveable serenity; to have faith in the righteous mind without retreating.
- The third is the one of limitless wisdom; to watch the mind alertly from inside and outside of the body and mind.
- The fourth is the one of complete liberation; to release all entanglements of unenlightened darkness.
- The fifth is the one of the self-perceiving eye of complete liberation; to always feel and watch clearly, completely free of obstacles.
Here you can find more information about the ordination as Zen Monk / Zen Nun. For further questions about the meaning of Incense in Zen Buddhism contact us at any time via a contact form on the homepage or call. We would be pleased to welcome you in one of our Zen temples. Visit for a cup of coffee, an evening meditation, for a short or long term templestay. The temple gates are always open and the daily routine continues. Examine and share Life & Death with the Zen Nuns and Zen Monks in Switzerland.