In the fireplace there is no host or guest.
The confirmation ceremony is an expression of our gratitude for the protection we received from the family, the godparents and the society until adulthood. The confirmation ceremony gives this phase of life (to be a full member of the society, adulthood) a clerical, formal and public framework to consciously carry out and process this important life event.
Since there are no compulsory and complex rituals for the ceremony, we will determine its sequences in accordance with your wishes.
- In preparation for the ceremony confirmation candidates will have a five-day templestay at the Zen Temple before the ceremony.
- We will recite the “Logos from the Heart” and give a short speech.
- The confirmation candidates bow respectively in front of family, the godparents and the guests (representing the society) in order to express their gratitude for the help and care that they have received adulthood.
- To symbolize the transience of life and death, each of those present can burn a pinch of incense at the end of the ceremony.
- For more specific information regarding duration of the ceremony, schedule, additional texts and speeches, we will gladly discuss it with you personally.
- Please note that the number of participants does not matter.
We suggest a donation of 900.- CHF or by agreement (without templestay & travel expenses). Every single donation is very welcome and will be diligently used for the Zen Temple and enables us to provide a place for meditation.
If you like to have zen monk Marcel Reding & zen monk Alain Lafon to guide you through the ceremony, the oblation will be 2500.- CHF or by agreement (without templestay & travel expenses).
Zen Monk Marcel Reding
After ten years of continuous reexamination of the words and actions of the wise and holy Ones in japanese and south-korean zen monasteries, ordained Zen Monk Marcel Reding founded, in mutual reliance with the clergy and laity, the Insopor Zen Academy in Switzerland in 2014.
Zen Monk Alain Lafon
Zen Monk Alain M. Lafon has lived for three years as Digital Nomad with only a backpack. After many years of formal daily Zen practice and an ordination in 2011, he lead the daily meditation as well as retreats. In 2015 he joined the Insopor Zen Academy. Now, he is head monk of the Lambda Zen Temple.